It’s hard to believe that it’s already August. The summer is flying by and it’s time to share Wodify’s August Box of the Month — CrossFit Proficient.
CrossFit Proficient is one of our Australian boxes, owned by Jesse Humphrys and Pete Rohde. They work as coaches, admins, and managers for their box, so when choosing a software program, they needed something that would help them run all aspects of their business quickly. They had been using MindBody to mange memberships, Beyond The Whiteboard for performance tracking, and then manually entering information. But Wodify’s all-in-one software for affiliate box owners made much more sense for them, and they moved over in September 2013. Read on for their thoughts on their business and how Wodify helps them manage everything in one system.
- Can you please give us a brief background on yourself and your box? Both Pete Rohde and I are personal trainers and have been working in the Adelaide fitness industry for a number of years before stumbling upon CrossFit — and it was love at first burpee. Not only did we personally reap the rewards of this revolutionary training program, but we began to introduce it to our clients as well. It wasn’t long before we realized that the limited equipment and space available to us at our current workplaces restricted our progress. In mid 2012, we decided the best way to offer the full CrossFit experience to our clients was to open their own CrossFit Box. Opening for business in January 2013, CrossFit Proficient was born out of a passion for CrossFit methodology and our desire to provide clients with the best environment possible to succeed in their health and fitness goals. At CrossFit Proficient, it’s not just about getting the fastest time or lifting the heaviest weight. There is room for competition but you won’t find any egos or bad attitudes. What you will find is a team dedicated to supporting you in your goals to be the best you can be, in the gym and at home. We currently have about 80 members in our facility.
- Were you using any other management system, software or pen and paper, before beginning to use Wodify? We used to run MindBody to manage our memberships, Beyond The Whiteboard to track and manage athlete performance, then manually added our WODs to our website to be posted each day.
- What made you decide to implement Wodify? It was simple as soon as we heard about what Wodify could do — we could see the immediate benefits that would come to the box. Managing all of our different platforms was time-intensive and unproductive.
- What was the on boarding and installation process like? It was a breeze to swap our members over and to get our kiosk up and running. It only took a few hours one night after our last class finished, and we were running live two days after. We have finally transitioned to 100 percent Wodify with the introduction of Australian merchant processing, which has saved us so much admin time. Now we can focus more energy and time on our members.
- How was Wodify received in your box by your athletes/coaches? Everyone in the box was super excited to use it from the day we had the kiosk up and running. The social features of the whiteboard help drive our community.
- How did you drive adoption and encourage users to log their results? It was automatic. All our members love logging their results and comparing themselves on the whiteboard and looking for that gold medal when they score a PR. Which was a huge step for us as the adoption rate of Beyond The Whiteboard was about 20% of our membership base.
- Did you notice changes in how your athletes performed after beginning to see their results in Wodify? Athletes work harder now because it is so much easier to get to and view their previous results/performance.
- What would you say to people who think technology does not belong in a box? They haven’t tried Wodify. It helps drive performance in your athletes.
- How has Wodify changed your box? It has changed the way we program due to the ability for athletes to quickly find percentages and athletes actually book in for classes rather than just rolling up to whatever class they wanted to.
- How has Wodify changed your personal day to day? As a box owner all the information I need is a click away and when I get into the box my previous performance is at my fingertips without having to go through a training diary to find the last time we did the WOD.
- Do you have a favorite feature? If so what? Dashboards — they give me a prefect overview of everything happening in the box without having to troll through a stack of reports.
Thanks CrossFit Proficient for being our August Box of the Month!