Creating and regularly updating a blog on your website is a great way to drive traffic to your gym. But having valuable content isn’t enough. Blogging with a solid SEO strategy will help increase your visibility and reach more customers. The more you blog with relevant keywords, the more effectively you’ll stand out.
1. Write about a relevant fitness/CrossFit event or workshop that you plan on attending, or recap what you learned while you were there.
2. Write a review of a health or fitness product you’re using (especially if it’s something you sell) - like clothing or equipment.
3. List some of your favorite health and fitness magazines you read or blogs you follow, as well as why you like them.
4. Go over the best nutritional supplements available at your store.
5. Offer up some healthy recipe ideas for your gym members, including some for specialized diets like Keto and vegan.
6. Tell the story about why you became a personal trainer or gym owner in the first place.
7. Go over the people in the fitness industry you most admire, and mention why you admire them.
8. Discuss current and past training programs you’ve used including why you like (or discontinued) them.
9. Holiday-specific articles are great, especially when it comes to dietary suggestions.
10. Analyze celebrity fitness videos and offer your concerns, corrections, and/or compliments.
11. Discuss a fitness product that works and compare/contrast it to one that doesn’t.
12. Provide a video tutorial about how some of your technology works, especially the Wodify Athlete app for those that may be new to it.
13. Go over the best way to choose foods while at the grocery store.
14. Publish a newsletter using your blog as the platform.
15. Create an FAQ for your gym, answering some of the most common questions you receive.
16. Find a great fitness or health-based YouTube video and react to it.
17. Record a podcast and post it to your blog.
18. Film yourself completing a challenging workout and comment on the video. If you’re a Wodify Pulse customer, analyze where your heart rate at different points in the workout and explain the benefits of Pulse to your members.
19. Find some piece of relevant CrossFit news or current events and add your opinion.
20. Profile one of your favorite customers and let them talk about why they love your gyms so much.
Hopefully this list will help you on your way to creating an exciting blog that readers will love. Don’t forget to utilize the Wodify Core marketing materials and always place an ad for your gym in each of your blog posts to send potential customers straight to your website!