The Holiday season is upon us. Let the celebrations begin! December fills members’ already busy schedules with shopping for gifts, ugly Christmas sweater parties, cookie swaps, dinner parties, and somehow they have to fit a workout in too. Here are a couple of tips to keep your athletes’ momentum going throughout the season to help them finish out the year strong.
1. Celebrate Successes – By acknowledging athlete success at the gym they will be more motivated to continue working hard and attending classes. Celebrate their accomplishments at the beginning or end of a class, send a personalized email, or share it on social media so the praise continues!
2. Set Goals – Who doesn’t love a good challenge. Work with your athletes to set goals to strive toward for the end of the year. For example, “You are going to nail double-unders before 2017. Let’s do 5 minutes of skill work at the beginning and end of each class.”
3. Host A Holiday Partner WOD – Create some healthy competition and plan a Holiday themed partner workout at the gym. This will build on the Holiday excitement and keep athletes engaged. Athletes can dress up in Christmas gear, tackle a fun chipper together, and host food and drinks after the workout to spend time with your athletes and build even stronger relationships.
4. Make Nutrition a Priority – The Holidays can be an excuse to shrug weekly workouts or eat whatever you want so it’s important to give your athletes great content and coaching to make smarter decisions this time of year. Post healthy recipes, create “Eat this, Not That” posts, and provides tips on resisting Holiday treats.
5. Run a Promotion – Everyone loves freebies so why not run a promotion to keep your athletes coming into the gym during the peak Holiday season. Try running a promotion based on attendance where athletes who attend 3 times a week for the entire month of December win a free T-shirt.