Did you know that Wodify is available in boxes all over the world? From South Africa to Brazil to Australia, our software helps athletes track their performances and box owners manage their businesses. We love being a part of this growing community.
One member of our growing community is Cassie Hannan, owner of CrossFit Bare and her newer location, CrossFit Bare Edgecliff in New South Wales, Australia. Cass uses Wodify at both of her boxes, and we’re featuring her as our June Box of the Month!
We wanted to hear how she got started, how she’s using our software to run her business, and how it’s changed day-to-day life in the box. Check out her answers below:
- Can you please give us a brief background on yourself and your boxes, CrossFit Bare and CrossFit Bare Edgecliff? I started CrossFit at the beginning of 2010. I was hooked after my first workout. It was not only the training principles that appealed to me, but the sense of belonging, support, and the strength of the community. I was working in a media company and also doing personal training at the time. With the support of my partner, who also owns a CrossFit gym, I decided to combine my love of sport and fitness with my background in PR and Marketing and open my own box. I said goodbye to the corporate world and affiliated Bare in April 2012.
- Were you using any other management system, software or pen and paper, before beginning to use Wodify? I wasn’t using any software system before Wodify. I had my own systems — Excel, Google Docs, and other productivity apps. They worked for the first year or so — but I wanted more and the community needed more.
- What made you decide to implement Wodify? I wanted to improve the communication channels at Bare between coaches and members and also between the members themselves.
- What was the onboarding and installation process like? It was a breeze. Lauren and the Wodify crew were great. They made the process so easy. You would never have known they were halfway around the world.
- How was Wodify received in your box by your athletes and coaches? Coaches and members were hooked immediately. The transition was much smoother and faster than I thought it would be.
- How did you drive adoption and encourage users to log their results? They didn’t need much encouragement. I just outlined the benefits of tracking their results and showed/explained how simple it was.
- Did you notice changes in how your athletes performed after beginning to see their results in Wodify? My members seem to be more motivated and accountable. They love to see their results and also other members’ results.
- What would you say to people who think technology does not belong in a box? Without being rude I would remind them that it is 2014 and technology is everywhere! Why wouldn’t you want to make life easier and free up time to focus on what is important — coaching, programming, and building a strong community.
- How has Wodify changed your box? It has brought the community together more. The TVs also look impressive on the wall.
- How has Wodify changed your personal day-to-day? It has made my life easier. I feel more organized and on top of things.
- Do you have a favorite feature? If so what? There are too many to list. For me — probably the lead tracker. For my members — the performance tracker and nutrition journal.
Thanks so much Cass for being our June Box of the Month!